For the maintenance and renewal of underwater structures such as quay walls, tunnels or locks our civil engineering skills can be utilized to deal with your problems. We are lock repair and maintenance specialists and our services include rail repair or replacement, lock door repairs and silt removal - both above and under water.
* underwater inspections and surveys can be carried out using CCTV, underwater non-destructive testing, ultra-sonic testing and MPI. Other technologies are available. Please inquire with our civil engineering department for latest developments.
* underwater surveys with the aid of side scan sonars, depth profiles with echo-sounders and sub-bottom profilers. Visualization technology is available through specific software.
* Hydrex possesses a series of large habitats measuring from 2 meters up to 14 meters in length, complete with access shafts and lock/decompression chambers to allow for underwater work in the dry. This is carried out, for example, on lock door rails, lock sills and underwater structures in general.
* we have special rafts equipped with hydraulic dredging pumps for localized dredging. These can be especially useful in areas with difficult access such as lock door chambers, underneath jetties and pump rooms.
* thanks to our experience with hydraulic pumps in combination with our habitat technology we have been able to develop a specific technique for sensitive environmental dredging projects and problems.
Latest news -> Subscribe!news
The end of the year is fast approaching. And along with it, the last chance to use the rest of…more
To celebrate the launch of Ecoshield, the ultimate cavitation damage protection coating for rudders and other underwater ship gear, we…more
In May, Hydrex diver/technicians removed a dock gate in Cochin, India and replaced it with a new one. Both gates…download PDF
Building upon conventional technical skills and know-how while also taking advantage of the latest technology, Hydrex offers a unique range of inspections to its customers.More
By taking advantage of a range of underwater cleaning units designed in-house, all types of fouling can be removed from any type of underwater structure.More